Here are 7 health and nutrition tips that are actually based on good science.
- Do ExercisesDo stretching exercises when you wake up. It boosts circulation and digestion, and eases back pain.
- Don’t skip breakfast.Studies show that eating a proper breakfast is one of the most positive things you can do if you are trying to lose weight. Breakfast skippers tend to gain weight.
- Brush up on hygiene.Many people don’t know how to brush their teeth properly. Improper brushing can cause as much damage to the teeth and gums as not brushing at all.
- Don’t Drink Sugar CaloriesSugary drinks are the most fattening things you can put into your body, are strongly associated with obesity, type 2 diabetes, heart disease and all sorts of health problems.
- Eat NutsDespite being high in fat, nuts are incredibly nutritious and healthy.Studies show that nuts can help you lose weight, and may help fight type 2 diabetes and heart disease. They are loaded with magnesium, vitamin E, fiber and various other nutrients.
- Don’t Fear CoffeeCoffee has been unfairly demonized. The truth is that it’s actually very healthy, is high in antioxidants, and studies show that coffee drinkers live longer, and have a reduced risk of type 2 diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s and numerous other diseases.
- Get Enough Sleep
The importance of getting enough quality sleep can not be overstated. It may be just as important as diet and exercise, if not more. Poor sleep can drive insulin resistance, throw your appetite hormones out of whack and reduce your physical and mental performance